Non-Canadian in Canada
The table below shows the fees to obtain a Canadian travel document. You must pay the travel document fee at the time you apply, or the application will not be processed.
Passport Canada does not accept cash or personal cheques. Find out what methods of payment are accepted.
Travel documents fees
||Adult (16 or over)
||Child (0 to 15)
|Certificate of identity
Once we receive your complete application, we can determine which document you are eligible for. If you are eligible for a certificate of identity, you will be asked to pay an additional C$140.
Additional fees apply for urgent, express and pick-up services.
Accepted methods of payment
- Credit card or prepaid card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
- Debit card (Interac)
- Certified cheque or money order (postal or bank) made payable to the "Receiver General for Canada". The exact fee must be specified
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
- Prepaid card embossed only (raised letters or numbers) (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
- Certified cheque or money order (postal or bank) made payable to the"Receiver General for Canada". The exact fee must be specified
You must pay the appropriate fee with your application or it will not be processed
Passport Canada does not accept cash or personal cheques
Debit cards (Interac, Visa Debit or Virtual debit) are not accepted for applications submitted by mail or by a third party
You are not eligible for a refund of the service fee if you cancel your application, are refused a travel document, or if you are issued a travel document for a limited validity period. Only the consular fee (C$25), which applies to all adult applications, is refundable if a travel document is not issued
Administrative fees and applicable interest will be applied to all dishonoured payments
Fees are subject to change