Completing the adult passport application
- Do I have to return my expired passport?
- Who can be used as a reference?
- Can a family member be my guarantor?
- Who is eligible to sign as my guarantor?
- What is the difference between the duties of a guarantor and those of a reference?
Completing the child passport application
- Do children need their own passport to travel?
- Is my child entitled to free replacement passport?
- My child will soon turn 16 years old. Should I apply for a child's passport or wait to apply for an adult passport after his or her birthday?
- Are parents required to sign their child's passport?
- Can a family member act as guarantor for my child?
Applying for a passport
- How long will it take to process my passport or travel document application?
- Who can submit a passport application in person on my behalf?
- Do I need to include my expired passport or travel document?
- How much does it cost to get a Canadian passport or travel document?
- When applying for a Canadian travel document, can I submit a document in a language other than English or French?
- Does my passport need to be valid for at least 6 months prior to the date of entry into a country I want to visit?
- Do I need a passport to travel to the United States?
- What if my passport expires while I am outside Canada?
- If I enter the United States by land without a passport, do I need a passport to board a domestic flight within the US?
- Does my passport need to be valid for a specified length of time prior to the date of entry into the United States?
Passports in general
- How long is a passport valid for?
- My name has changed. What should I do?
- How do I change the address on my passport?
- I have a valid passport. When can I apply for a new passport?
- My passport was lost/stolen/damaged. What should I do?
- What is an ePassport?
- Can I get an ePassport even though I already have a valid passport?
- Does the ePassport make border crossings faster?
- Does the ePassport contain biometric information such as an iris scan or fingerprints?
- I have a valid passport. Will I still be able to use it even though it's not an ePassport?
- Date modified: