Coming soon—we’re moving to Canada.ca
We’re almost ready to launch the new passport section on Canada.ca. This change will make it easier to find the passport information you need.
Completing the adult passport application
- Do I have to return my expired passport?
- Who can be used as a reference?
- Can a family member be my guarantor?
- Who is eligible to sign as my guarantor?
- What is the difference between the duties of a guarantor and those of a reference?
Completing the child passport application
- Do children need their own passport to travel?
- Is my child entitled to free replacement passport?
- My child will soon turn 16 years old. Should I apply for a child's passport or wait to apply for an adult passport after his or her birthday?
- Are parents required to sign their child's passport?
- Can a family member act as guarantor for my child?
Applying for a passport
- How long will it take to process my passport or travel document application?
- Who can submit a passport application in person on my behalf?
- Do I need to include my expired passport or travel document?
- How much does it cost to get a Canadian passport or travel document?
- When applying for a Canadian travel document, can I submit a document in a language other than English or French?
- Does my passport need to be valid for at least 6 months prior to the date of entry into a country I want to visit?
- Do I need a passport to travel to the United States?
- What if my passport expires while I am outside Canada?
- If I enter the United States by land without a passport, do I need a passport to board a domestic flight within the US?
- Does my passport need to be valid for a specified length of time prior to the date of entry into the United States?
Passports in general
- How long is a passport valid for?
- My name has changed. What should I do?
- How do I change the address on my passport?
- I have a valid passport. When can I apply for a new passport?
- My passport was lost/stolen/damaged. What should I do?
- What is an ePassport?
- Can I get an ePassport even though I already have a valid passport?
- Does the ePassport make border crossings faster?
- Does the ePassport contain biometric information such as an iris scan or fingerprints?
- I have a valid passport. Will I still be able to use it even though it's not an ePassport?
- Date modified: