Coming soon—we’re moving to Canada.ca
We’re almost ready to launch the new passport section on Canada.ca. This change will make it easier to find the passport information you need.
Completing the adult passport application
Section 1: Personal information
Section 2: Declaration of guarantor
Section 3: Previous Canadian passport
- Do I have to return my expired passport?
- Can I keep my valid passport until I receive my new one?
- Do I have to include a completed PPTC 203 form with my application for a new passport if my previous passport was lost, but has since expired?
- I have to send my passport to apply for renewal, but it still contains a valid visa. How should I proceed?
Section 4: Proof of Canadian citizenship
- Do I need to submit my original proof of citizenship?
- Can I submit a laminated birth certificate?
- Can I submit a birth certificate that was issued by the Province of Quebec before January 1, 1994?
- How can I obtain a new birth certificate?
- How can I obtain a Certificate of Canadian citizenship?
- What if my citizenship card only indicates the year of issue?
- Will my citizenship document be returned to me?
- What document should I submit as proof of Canadian citizenship?
- Can I get a Canadian passport if I also hold the citizenship of another country?
Section 5: Documents to support identity
- Can I use an expired document?
- Can I use a health card without a signature?
- Can I use a document without a photograph?
- Can I use a passport?
- Can I include photocopies of my supporting identification?
- Can I use a document without the date of issue?
- What documents do I need to show proof of my identity?
- Can I use my social insurance card to support my identification?
- Can I use my Old Age Security Card to support my identification?
- The name on my proof of citizenship is different from the name on my identification. Which name can I use on my passport?
Additional personal information
- Date modified: