< Frequently asked questions home
Completing the adult passport application
Section 1: Personal information
Section 2: Declaration of guarantor
Section 3: Previous Canadian passport
- Do I have to return my expired passport?
- Can I keep my valid passport until I receive my new one?
- Do I have to include a completed PPTC 203 form with my application for a new passport if my previous passport was lost, but has since expired?
- I have to send my passport to apply for renewal, but it still contains a valid visa. How should I proceed?
Section 4: Proof of Canadian citizenship
- Do I need to submit my original proof of citizenship?
- Can I submit a laminated birth certificate?
- Can I submit a birth certificate that was issued by the Province of Quebec before January 1, 1994?
- How can I obtain a new birth certificate?
- How can I obtain a Certificate of Canadian citizenship?
- What if my citizenship card only indicates the year of issue?
- Will my citizenship document be returned to me?
- What document should I submit as proof of Canadian citizenship?
- Can I get a Canadian passport if I also hold the citizenship of another country?
Section 5: Documents to support identity
Additional personal information
- Date modified: