Help Centre

<  Frequently asked questions home


My name has changed. What should I do?


If you have changed your name on your other identification documents, we recommend you apply for a new passport in the same name, even if your current passport is still valid. Otherwise, you could encounter problems and delays at border crossings.

For any name change, you must apply for a new passport by submitting a complete adult general passport application (you cannot use the renewal process). You must pay the full fee when you apply for a passport in your new name.

All travel arrangements should be made in the name reflected on your passport. Check with the authorities in the destination country to find out if any other documentation will be required.