Help Centre

<  Frequently asked questions home


Do I need to include my expired passport or travel document?


If you apply using the simplified renewal application, you need to enclose any Canadian passport issued to you within the last six (6) years. If you would like the cancelled passport returned to you, you must indicate this on the application form in section 2. If you do not indicate your choice or do not want your passport back, Passport Canada will securely destroy the submitted passport.

If you apply using the general passport application, you do not need to return an expired passport or travel document.